Sunday, March 29, 2009

COFFEE FROM MY LAND





Little pleasure of a delicacy,

reminds me of the past tense;

the mere thought of its efficacy,

fills glee in abundance.

Every sip is an oceanic fun,

freshness refreshed, mind expand;

It is my drink, my possessive one,

it is the coffee from my land.

I get bemused, lost sometime,

in questions of unanswered science;

I sip a coffee in its prime,

to see the words of missing lines.

Aroma is the master,

controls the sense as a slave;

drives the thought faster,

breaking the mystic enclave.

Come what may, snow or sun,

it is difficult temptation to stand;

It is my drink, my possessive one,

it is the coffee from my land.

6 comments:

  1. good one pavan.... :) are you missing it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, i do miss coffee very much, especially from malleshwaram Janata hotel, CTR, Vidyarthi bhavan, and of course IISc coffee house.....

    hope there will be a coffee rain here some day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be a welcome change and people would call that a miracle !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Scavenger: what will be a welcome change, rain or missing ??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just loved it! I actually drank a cuppa coffee after reading this :-)

    ReplyDelete