Sunday, February 1, 2009

Nine rotund sisters

Listen to the story of nine rotund sisters,

all move in ellipse with vivid spectral colours;

Sun is their father, gravity the loving mother,

moons are their dolls which always stay together.

               

My paths are eccentric, with iron as my core,

Einstein’s elegant theory was proved by my shore;

I shiver in the cold and blister in father’s fury,

weird terrains on my skin, I am cute Mercury.

 

I neither have a magnet, nor dolls that go around,

I opened Galileo’s eye making him spellbound;

With pancake volcanoes, I am the ever-glowing highness,

I am a pseudo star, I am the beautiful Venus.

 

I am the land of life with belts and magnetic prisons,  

I home the crazy creatures: the mighty homo-sapiens;

I am the densest sister with a peculiar recipe of birth,

I am the green cradle, I am goddess Earth.

 

I am the fourth sister bathed in crimson red,

sapiens of the earth are digging water on my bed;

 Viking, Pathfinders are looking at my chars,

With Phobos, Deimos dolls, I am the puzzling Mars.

 

I am the walloping sister with a great red spot,

with no fusion tank I am still severely hot;

Mother gravity on me squeezes the inner matter,

with flowing hydrogen, I am the great Jupiter.

 

I am the pretty sister with a sizzling bright ring,

I am lightest of them all, indeed a mystic thing;

Cassini and Kirkwood gaps  form a strange pattern,

I fill the Voyager’s sight, I am the princess Saturn.

 

I am the modern lady, but people were very skeptic,

I am a strange sister rotating parallel to ecliptic;

Herschel spotted my beauty and called me "the Georgium Sidus",

I have an offset magnet, I am the bluish Uranus.

 

I perturb sisters around to take a different path,

I’m home to deadly storms and dark gaseous froth;

I have holes in my clouds with penetrating dune,

I may be the last sister, I am the far Neptune.

 

Father resides far and mother’s affection weak,

I am not a real sister to hold a position I seek;

I am anti-green house with no specific motto,

I move on chaotic path, I am the dwarf Pluto.

 

4 comments: